Steve Leland NCC, LMHCLicensed Counselor
Steve Leland has been a National Board Certified Counselor as well as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in Florida since 2002. Having worked in the community mental health and social services field since 1992, Steve joined Advanced Behavioral Health Center in 2004. Steve provides our practice’s child, adolescent and adult patients with compassionate, contemporary and effective mental health counseling services.
Using an eclectic approach with techniques based in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Rogerian REBT (Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Gestalt and behavioral schools of counseling, he has been successful in helping people make positive changes in their lives.
Steve has demonstrated expertise in helping people address both common and rare emotional and behavioral issues through a comprehensive approach tailored to the needs of each client. His areas of special interest include depression and anxiety disorders, anger management, stress management, grief/loss issues, behavior modification, mindfulness and life enhancement, among others.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- REBT (Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Gestalt and behavioral schools of counseling
- State University of New York (SUNY) in 1992
- Graduated from University of Central Florida in 2000
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LHMC)
- National Board for Certified Counselors
- American Red Cross emergency disaster volunteer
- Clinical Director of Lake/Sumter County Critical Incident Stress
- Management (CISM) team
- LSBC Ethics Committee
- American Counseling Association
- Anthony House (homeless shelter) volunteer
- Chi Sigma Iota-International Academic and Professional Honor Society in Counseling
- Leesburg Children’s Shelter Volunteer
- Kappa Delta Pi-International Honor Society in Education